1. Create a forum in Kerala for those who are interested in foreign affairs to share their interests and insights.
2. Study international relations as they impact on India.
3. Provide a regional perspective on the regions and issues in which Kerala has a special interest such as the Gulf, Sri Lanka etc.
4. Create an informed audience that will understand and analyze foreign policy so that policy implementation is smooth.
5. Strengthen India’s democratic institutions to enable coherent and reasoned policy- making.
6. Study the political, economic, social, educational and scientific developments in Kerala, which may have an impact on international relations.
7. Study the strategic environment of India.
8. Work towards achieving international peace, harmony and co-operation.
9. Study of the UN and other international organizations and assist implementation of their programmes in development, health, education, culture etc.